Technology Transforming Professional Mediation Services In Africa!
Accessible and verified mediator, to a mediation agency and to the mediation centre nearest to you. We believe that when you 'Choose Mediation First' whenever you have a conflict or a disagreement, you make the first right choice in your best interest which increases the chances of speedy resolution of the dispute, efficiently and at a relatively low cost.
Services For You
The MARC Manager provides support in mediation and resolution of disputes to;
A. Individuals and Families
F. International Agencies
Why Choose Mediation
When there is a conflict or disagreement between two parties, Mediation makes use of a third party (Mediator) to help resolve such conflicts while allowing both parties to participate which makes them feel that they are being treated fairly.
Having a lawyer with you during a mediation session is an option available to the parties. In many instances, parties are able to reach a resolution even when they do not have a lawyer. If your lawyer will be present, it is important that you inform the mediator in advance. Whether you have a lawyer or not, should not stop you from attending and fully participating in a mediation session. Every person participating in person or online must agree to abide to confidentiality.
The mediator must approve of any other persons you bring to the mediation session. This may be done in consultation with the other party. The mediator may decline such a request to ensure that all parties are comfortable and not intimidated or for any other reasons Every person participating in person or online must agree to abide to confidentiality.
Parties who choose professional MEDIATION find that they have a safe space to engage positively. Mediation provides several advantages which makes it WORK better than a lawsuit in some instances:
1. Confidentiality; All participants are bound by this cardinal principle. Generally, what the parties say during mediation is confidential. It is not subject to the future use in a lawsuit. If mandated by a Court, then there is information that is made available to the Court.
2. Costs substantially less; Mediation costs are determined by the parties - the time they take to agree or conclude. For a lawsuit, the cost is higher factoring court costs, attorney fees and general expenses for the parties such as transport to the court, communication and many other hidden costs.
3. Faster resolution; Mediation may take a few hours and a few sessions. In contrast, Parties that choose to go to court find that lawsuits may take months or even years before a court ruling.
4. The parties are empowered to decide; The parties in mediation are respected and empowered. It is not a judge or a jury, that decides on the resolution but the parties themselves.
5. The parties communicate directly; Mediation honors the relationship between the parties as parties speak directly to each other. Mediators are skilled to support in this. This is unlike communicating through lawyers,a judge or a representative. Direct communication is important in managing feelings and any unsaid communication, still in a respectful and confidential space.
We recommend that you start with a mediation consultation.
The following occurs when a mediation cases is managed by a professional mediator:
1. Introduction; Guidance by the mediator on the rules and process;
2. Statements by the parties. Each party gives their own description of the dispute. This highlights the interests and positions of each party;
3. Identification of the dispute. Through a series of questions, the mediator gains a better understanding of the conflict. This also helps the parties in clarifying issues;
5. Private caucuses;.These are private meetings conducted by the mediator with the parties. They give a safer space and an opportunity to gain a better understanding of each party's side. During this time, possible solutions are assessed;
6. Negotiation. The mediator the helps the parties in reach an agreeable solution;
7. Written agreement; If In most instances, the mediator will keep notes thought the sessions for their private reference. When a mediation is concluded with a resolution, the mediator will put the agreement in writing and invite the parties to sign it. The agreement if the parties wish may be presented to and upheld in court (check the requirements in your jurisdiction).